Running a business is not easy. Businesses face various challenges as they grow. The key is to take the right steps to navigate those challenges successfully. Recent data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York shows that the average business owner spends 33 hours looking for business funding.
Merchants interested in reliable business financing should consider turning to First American Merchant or firstamericanmerchant.com. FAM is a reputable high risk payment processor that offers exceptional business funding options, including a cash advance.
Below you can find tips to incorporate into your day to boost your small business productivity and efficiency.
- Have a routine and a detailed schedule for your day and keep to them.
- Spend your morning time wisely.
- Get to know your body, and have the right food and vitamins for it.
- Make sure to have the right support system for you, starting from your car to the people you rely on.
- Split up your day into parts and complete each of your tasks accordingly.
- Plan out your goals by weeks and track your progress.
- Don’t open an email if you don’t have time to respond.
- Complete your most thought-intensive tasks in the morning.
- Spend 2 minutes or less on responding an email.
- Update and/or write your to-do list the night before.
- When overwhelmed by large projects or to-do items, take a small step forward in the right direction.
- Look over your schedule for the week on Friday afternoon or Sunday evening.
- Prioritize your tasks by taking into account what should not be done.
- Schedule your Internet breaks during the day and don’t browse the web at any time.
- Do one thing at a time.
- If you feel overwhelmed, focus on completing 3 concrete tasks a day apart from your daily meetings, e-mails and phone calls.
- Provide clarity into the project you’re stuck on: see what is missing.
- Talk to your team about productivity.
- Make sure your team are all working in a flow and each of them knows his/her responsibilities. Consider using tools like Google Drive, etc.
- Have a notebook with you so to write down ideas or use a tool like Evernote.
- Use tools for scheduling such as Google Calendar, Calendly, or VCita.
- Use time-saving devices like Boomerang Calendar for Gmail users.
- To manage social media in one place, use a scheduling tool like Hootsuite.
- To communicate within your staff, use tools like Slack, Hipchat, etc.
- Find a better way like a tool or an app to complete the task you hate doing.
- To be more focused and concentrated, turn off distractions.
- If you need help to grow your business, turn to an outside expert.
- Learn to say “No.”
- Don’t forget about movement as part of your stress relief routine during the day.
- Have some time for yourself – for your hobbies and interests.
- Reward yourself and your team by taking Friday afternoon off.
Don’t forget that to reach productivity and efficiency, you need to practice self-management and keep a healthy balance for your work and life!Get Started Now