You can use a number of ways to promote your business online. You can do it through search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click advertising, social media marketing, display advertising, or email marketing. Often, small businesses and startups choose SEO as their online marketing tactic.
If budget is a problem for you to turn to an SEO specialist, consider following useful SEO tips to make your search rankings rise. Merchants interested in small business funding should consider applying to firstamericanmerchant.com. First American Merchant (FAM) is a reputable payment processor that specializes in the high risk sector.
SEO Tips for Your Small Businesses
- Do the research that will help you understand what potential keywords can be optimized. This will help your increase search visibility and enlarge website traffic opportunities.
- If you’re running a local business, focus on ranking locally.
- Make a list of 3-5 keyword phrases featuring high traffic but low competition. Include at least 1 with your local area.
- Your page and blog post URLS should have keyword phrases. You shouldn’t necessarily match your titles with them.
- Keep an eye on what you’re competitors are doing online.
- Use Google Local to increase your organic search.
- Get contacts in your industry to link to your website from their own sites and social media.
- Have a description tag for each page. Every tag should include your keyword phrases.
- Include keywords in the image ALT box to have it read by search engines.
- Your pages and posts should have headings to keep people reading and reduce the bounce rate.
- Pages of every post you write should have at least 2 links.
- Make important concepts bold (especially those that include keywords and key phrases).
- Post every new blog post or page on the social media platform you use.
- Don’t forget about social sharing buttons on your site. Stick with the Big Six: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Add your newest pages to social bookmarking sites designed for sharing interesting content – Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit.
- Tell others about your achievements. Encourage happy customers to leave their positive feedback on Google and Facebook.
- Use Google’s Search Console, an SEO essential for businesses of any size.
- Remove duplicated content from your site.
- Partner with persons, organizations or companies related to your field (not competitors) to boost visibility and leverage another brand’s audience. As a result, you’ll promote your business.
- Give many links to other sites to enhance social friendships and sharing, and to get links. Links from high-authority sites are SEO gold.
- Include links in your email broadcasts.
- Improve your content.
If you lack the time and expertise to leverage SEO, you can turn to the right specialist in the field. If you don’t have the necessary funds on hand, follow the tips above. Use a varied approach and keep your ideas fresh when promoting your business.Get Started Now