Right now is the best time to capitalize on marketing for your business. If you sell merchandise online (which everyone should be), the holidays is the best time of the year to promote products and services, engage with customers, and drive traffic to your website. If you’re looking for a little guidance on how to boost traffic and sales to your online shop, here are a few things to try.
Marketing To Do List for the Holidays
- Thank Your Customers: Be sure to follow up with a thank you to the customers that spent their hard earned money on your merchandise, especially during Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and on Cyber Monday. Reward them with a special product code, discounts, coupon or special offer.
- Track Social Media Trends: Watch for product releases that are trending on social media websites that are also available on your website. For example, if Yankee Candles releases a cinnamon scented candle that is trending; be ready to promote similar scents available on your website.
- Run a Facebook Ad: These ads only cost about $25 per day. Use them to market gift ideas based on products in your business. Get as much traction as you can on social media ads. Asks friends and family to post a product from your store onto their pages as well; don’t be afraid to use your connections.
- Follow Customers on Social Media: Track new customers on their social media sites then add them to your email list.
- Capitalize on Trending Hash Tags: Capitalize on this week’s biggest hashtags like #Christmasideas, # Christmasgifts, #gifts, #gift, #giftideas.
If your small business sells online merchandise, you should use this to-do list and see how it impacts your online sales. If you don’t have the budget to enact these types of action items, look for an ACH business loan to support your marketing endeavors. FAM is an online merchant cash advance organization to help every small business achieve their goals. FAM can and will give business cash advances to all merchants, even those with bad credit.