There are so many challenges for small businesses to overcome. Should you hire that employee?
Do you need to secure a merchant cash advance to boost cash-flow? Running a successful business is a never-ending learning process. If you are eager to learn more about how you can boost your leadership skills, increase profitability and improve hiring, consider the following 6 best business books:
1. Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World by Tim Ferriss is an incredible 600+ page business book that compiles everything Tim Ferriss has worked on over the past decade. A serial entrepreneur, #1 New York Times bestselling author and angel investor/advisor, Ferriss tackles a wide-range of topics in this book and even pulls insights and advice from people who have been influential mentors to him. If you want to learn tools, tactics and habits from over 130 of the world’s top performers – from entrepreneurs to elite athletes – than this book is for you.
2. Start with Why by Simon Sinek dives into the answers surrounding one simple question, “why”? “Why are some people and organizations more innovative, more influential and more profitable than others?” The underlying premise of this book is that the greatest leaders with the most influence act and communicate the same way – the opposite of everyone else. If you want to take an honest view at yourself and your strengths and weaknesses, this book will help you make positive changes in your leadership skills.
3. Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferriss is another 600+ page book full of business advice, productivity tips, life lessons and so much more. Yet another Tim Ferris book full of interviews from more than 200 of the world’s most recognizable figures in business, military, sports and academia. Adding this book to your business book collection is one of the most affordable investments you can make in your future as an entrepreneur.
4. The Way of the Seal: Think Like an Elite Warrior to Lead and Succeed by Mark Divine distills the fundamentals of success into eight powerful principles that will help you transform into the leader you have always aspired to be. Having served in the U.S. Navy Seals for 20 years and retiring as a commander, Mark Divine has blended the tactics he learned from America’s elite force with other great warrior traditions to help you train your mind for mental toughness and emotional resilience.
5. Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman gives you an actionable roadmap to success by showing you which six core areas of your business to focus on. Business leadership skills can be hard to learn. This book will help you take a closer look at common situations you will likely encounter, along with how to address and solve them profitably and productively.
If you need help setting your business up for success, consider working with the team of experts here at First American Merchant. Our team understands the many challenges small business owners face and provide flexible cash solutions that help your worry less about business finances and more about growing your business.